Turtle's tantrums and tales

Why the hell do you need a description? the title and the posts are all you need so get reading...

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Fine Balance

How much can you write about yourself?

That is the true conundrum of blogging I find. I just don't have a great deal to say about myself really. I think talking generally about what you've been doing is a bit dull. For example if you say that you did this on Saturday and then did this on Sunday it all sounds a bit juvenile like when your teachers used to criticise you for using the word 'and' too much.

The other end of the spectrum, is of course, trying to be too clever. Maybe posting your own poetry or philosophical rants on your blog. This type of blog treads thin ice as in dances the danse macabre (see i'm doing it!) around 2 massive pitfalls which are either i) being too abstract ii) being too profound and therefore annoying (we've all got problems man!)

You need to find some middle ground or 'A Fine Balance' to quote author Rohinton Mistry (AGAIN!), This is the true zen like state of blogging to which I aspire but which I am hopelessly far from reaching... Of course, there's the whole "being yourself" thing and the "not caring what other people think" barrier which many bloggers cross.

Have they found enlightenment? Perhaps by being on one end of the spectrum and not realising/or caring is the answer. But of course, by doing that i'm already drifting away from the middle ground I seek. Perhaps that's just not for me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home